View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

I ended up only getting 3 passes in yesterday as I was going with a friend and he ran into some car trouble on the way to meet up at my place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouf0010 View Post
i went for the first time a couple weeks ago. Felt a little overwhelming at first.
Either way I have to agree with this statement. First pass was a bit overwhelming. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing.

My reaction times got better from pass 1 to pass 3 and my 3rd pass was the best of them all.

Pass 1: 15.775 at 85.61 (Worst reaction on this run)
Pass 2: 15.837 at 85.26
Pass 3: 15.763 at 85.57 (best reaction on this run)

I know I need to get my reaction time down a bit, my best was .393 but I thought I would run better than I did with the mods I have. Now take in mind I drove an hour to get there and did not let the truck cool down before taking my first pass or after any of my passes (I didn't have much time to run) and it was on the hotter side yesterday as well.

I was not in "track trim" if you want to call it that. I still had the spare connected to the bottom of the truck and my bull bar on the front. I did clean out my bed though and the inside of the truck too.

I ended up running faster with the cutouts open (runs 1 and 3) than I did with the cutouts closed. Each run I did the same: Pull up to staging, then just floor it. I did NO burnout and NO brake torquing.

Any thoughts on what I can do better next time? I would like to be able to cross the line faster than I can throw a baseball, which wasn't the case yesterday.

Even though I only made 3 passes I did have alot of fun and I was the fastest truck there :P (Beating the nice new Chevy ) I definitely have to go back so I can get the hang of this.
-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-

Last edited by Gecko; 08-19-2013 at 01:16 AM.