Color: Flame Red Clearcoat - R4
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
hollonator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Why was this your, "dream truck"?

How did you come to own this one?

What repairs/resto/mods have you done to it?

What trips, work, off-roading have you done with it?
It was always my dream truck because the old Dodges are true Mopar Muscle, all of the newer 5.9's are garbage (except the Cummins of course) while the old ones could easily keep up with today's Hemi's with a little love and attention. I got it from a lady while I was on my first deployment and it quickly became my first "toy". It is not fully restored, I still need to powdercoat the frame and if I keep it I want to put Dana 60's front and rear in it. I also need to have the interior redone, but the original interior is in such beautiful condition that it can wait awhile. As for mods:

The engine was rebuilt before I bought it, all Edelbrock top end with a 650 CFM carb and a Comp Cams Thumpr camshaft (don't know the the specs on it). The cam is actually way to big for that engine, it burned a hole in the top of one of my pistons. So I need to rebuild the engine (and build it right). Flowmaster Super 44 true dual exhaust. 6" Superlift suspension lift and Superlift dual steering stabilizer. 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels wrapped in 35x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials. Home made bumpers made out of 4" square tubing stacked on 3" square tubing, all 1/4" thick and molded to the body shape of the truck and powdercoated to look professional (over $1200 in steel). PIAA fog lights (forget the specs, but too bright to be street legal). A previous owner had welded a sheet of diamond plate steel in as the bed floor due to the original wood bed rotting out over time. That was all cut out, grinded down and replaced with wood flooring like out of the factory. Remembering all this, I can't even count the number of hours that I have put into this thing. I think as a stock truck it's only worth $3-4,000...but I couldn't let it go for less than $13-15,000...and I would still lose my ass on it probably

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Hemi 4x4
Custom Flowmaster 50 Series HD Exhaust