View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I have tips and tricks that will help you out. Where are you in FL?

Take a piece of copper plumbing, I think 3/8" or 1/2", don't remember off hand. Cut it about 1 ft long or so and push it over the spark plug(after the boot is ripped). This will separate the boot/plug as they are seized together. Then you can remove the remainder of the ripped boot with needle nose pliers. Be sure to apply liberal amounts of that electrical grease or you will fight the same problem next time. Also, I hope you are using oem plugs.

Someone told me you can buy replacement boots at NAPA, but I haven't confirmed this. Otherwise, you have to replace the entire coil which is ~$25 from the dealer and ~$20 from autozone. I had to replace ALL 8 of mine and used the autozone ones. I probably have a couple of good boots left over if you need one let me know if you can't get them at NAPA, that way you don't waste the money on a whole coil.

If you need any other help let me know my email is my username at gmail.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.