Old 08-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500 (4x4)
Trim Level: Tradesman/Express
Color: Billet
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
JDPatrick is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies; sorry for the double-post (had it up before I knew best where to put it).

These shocks, if I were to have a shop do it, about how much do you think it would cost? They look AWESOME. I'm pretty sure I need 2.5" of front lift for it to be even, and they go to 2.75. Looks like they are ~$100 a pop online? So $200 for shocks, ~100 an hour for labor, maybe $400? Just guessing?

I'd really love to do this kind of thing myself, but I just lack the shop and some of the tools. Probably the biggest repair I did to my old Dakota was swapping the front drive shaft (bad CV joint) for a re-manufactured one and that was like 10 bolts, didn't even need to jack the truck up...sat high enough for me to crawl under.

@ Brandonjansen: You have a 2012, did you remove your air dam? Did it seem smaller than the 13's? Any chance you could upload a bigger pic of your truck to imgur.com and send me the link? Or upload it here (I don't know the uploading size(s)/rules all that well). Mine wont have a 6" lift kit as long as my wife lives (she'd kill me), but yours looks AWESOME. I just can't tell if you still have the air dam on yours and it's smaller.

How does the '12 handle with the lift on it?

Again, thanks to everyone for all their insight; I've had the truck for less than a week, and my wife was a little disappointed because I keep wanting to change things on it. I had to explain to her that I love having a truck like this to mod to my own personal taste...my old Dakota was fun, but it was a bear to keep running sometimes. Glad to have joined the Ram ranks.