Old 08-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500 (4x4)
Trim Level: Tradesman/Express
Color: Billet
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
JDPatrick is on a distinguished road

Good to know, I do have a decent amount of tools, I need a new jack (long story short I have stands and no jack [trust me, really long story]) what kind of shops rent spring compressors? Like Pep-boys? Or Advanced? (I've never used one)

The shocks look like they're ~$110 (finally found the exact ones) The shop fee around town go around $100 an hour so that's not awful.

The tires I have currently are 270-70-17, so around 31"...any idea what size I'd be able to put on with a 2.5" leveling kit? This is a ways off...think my wife would get mad over me spending ~$400 on a leveling kit...should see what would happen if I dropped 1k+ on tires.

Lastly...there's a plate over the front differential...a "skid" plate if I'm correct. It kinda sticks out in front of the wheels a bit, looks like it would impede my front end clearance a little, and is about 8.5" off the ground as well. Is that the right term? Skid plate? Not sure there's much I can do about that other than remove/try to torch and bend it up (it sticks out to almost or just past the front of the front wheels. Could I just remove it? Or best leave it be?