View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:2101
brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPatrick View Post
The look your truck has towing that car. That is the exact look I am after. Wow. I see the air dam and I don't mind it nearly as much on yours (not sure if it's not as big or it's the level kit). Again...WOW. That is exactly what I'm shooting for. Don't get me wrong; I love the 6" lift kit too, but my wife and my garage have put a strict height limit on my truck. I take what I can get (and still park inside at night). Maybe in the future...

It occurs to me that I'd need some offset wheels for those tires of yours to fit my truck, looks like that will be a future investment.
I don't think the air dams have changed... mine probably just looks smaller because of the height of the truck. I know when mine was at stock height it definitely looked a lot bigger since the truck was so much lower to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPatrick View Post
Brandon, when you say I'd need spacers, what exactly does that entail? More front lift? I don't want to be staring at the sky...if that's what you're talking about. Or is it just another part? To be honest I like the stock 17" wheels a lot, but wouldn't be opposed to getting some with 12mm offset like yours (I'm assuming then I could do the 35" by 12" tires with just the 2.5" leveling kit then).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
he means spacers for the wheels. so they stick out further from the hub. not suspension spacers
Yes, as gonefishin said I mean wheel spacers. In order to clear that width of tire you either need aftermarket rims with a 0 or negative offset or wheel spacers which essentially give you a more negative offset. The stock wheels are +19mm offset. You need at least +12mm to clear a 12.5" wide tire but a +6 or 0 would be better. I chose a 20x9 -12 offset because I wanted a bit of a wider stance. Keep in mind offsets are different for different rim widths. The numbers I am throwing out there apply to a 9" wide rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAzz13Ram View Post
4wheel parts quoted me $841 out the door for the bilstein 5100 adjustable fronts with the rear shocks an labor....but they charge $150 for the alignment.....it's included in the $841 but I think that's just a tad expensive for an alignment...
Most shops in my area are typically charging around $140 for an alignment. But that's in Canada.... From what I've seen guys in the states are typically spending around $100 or so...