Old 08-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:70
edge35 will become famous soon enough

I just got off the phone with one of the members of the Uconnect management team (I'm assuming customer service management) and they basically said that the updates are being pulled from the web site and will be a dealer-installed kind of deal from now on due to the large amounts of problems they had with bricked radios during the update process (I guess they blame it on us dumb owners and not shoddy software or hardware).

This doesn't explain why some people still have access to the update site and some don't. I still get the "invalid vin" error when I go to check for updates yet a VIN I got from a car off the dealer's lot works (although there isn't an update for it). She did actually say my VIN has been blocked from the updates section of the driveuconnect site. Maybe radios that have recently been replaced are the first to start getting blacklisted?

However, it does explain why the latest software for the radios has been out for so long and yet not on the driveuconnect web site...they just aren't going to put them on there from now on. Fine, but now how do we know there are updates without having to call the dealer everyday?

She also mentioned that there are a few other non-radio related updates I can get. Most I've seen mentioned before but one had something to do with door lock or handle sensitivity. I was trying to write so fast my notes are a total mess. Guess I will have to bring it into the dealer to see.
6 speed (although the 65RFE is really a 5 speed), 3.55, air suspension, anti-spin, 20" Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires (aka crap), sunroof, Bakflip Fibermax & BakBox, bed extender, 8.4AN, black/cattle tan interior