View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Manual
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Praire Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 660lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:10
Fiatx19 is on a distinguished road
Default Classic case of Not My Job

I have spent a lot of time reading every post and it appears to boil down to these facts.

First off we as consumers face a flaw in the entire purchasing system of a new vehicle.

The assembly plant only puts the truck together and they did just that. The dealer only sells the truck and they did that. What they failed to do correctly is the Pre Delivery Inspection and should have checked the fluid level of the transmission. If there is a finger to pointing you may have something here.

The manufacture of the transmission built it, but I am not sure of who filled it. I am sure some transmission oil was put in the case, but suspect some other fluid was added that cause it to gel. You can bet yours was not the only one with this problem.

It would be nice to pull a transmission from a truck on the line, but how would you like to get call from Ram telling you that some poor person lost the transmission in their truck and the next truck to be built was yours so Ram gave him the transmission that was slated for your truck. No worries here, Ram will build the entire truck then push it outside for a month or two and wait for a transmission to put in your truck. As you can see that really doesn't work either.

Public relations realizes this is a mess, but to say so admits liability. They also do not have any power to force any of the above to do anything. The whole mess falls between the cracks and on the shoulders of the purchaser.

I have a buddy that worked in a Dodge Dealership they had truck on the hoist with a bad transfer case. Opened the drain plug and nothing came out. The truck had 10,000KM on it. One mechanic said we should open the case, the other said of what good will that do, the box is done. It took him 2 weeks to get a new box for the truck.

Warrenty picks up the claim and it gets back charged to who ever was responsible for filling the box.

This whole thing stinks, but I have to say that possibly waiting out is all you can do and hope that the people that built this truck will take you aside and give you something for all of the misery you have been handed.

fiatx19