Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:92
spp will become famous soon enough

Right now, Its...

C - We've passed all the typical major ordering hurdles.
D1 - Unless something really weird happens, it's a go.
E - It's going.
KZ? - It's gone.

Anything else needs to be researched and figured out (that D/D1 thing definitely needs a investigation).

From what I've gathered, these were distilled out of the tons of stages possible (the list here is complete from a consumer point of view). C means it's passed all the ordering hurdles. D1 means we know when it should be built. E means it's being built, KZ(something) mean's it's left the plant. Knowing what I know, I would probably add a "Hi, Welcome to VOTS email!" acknowledging we've got your email and "It's arrived at your dealer." email. Add in a dash of more up to date data (and wording changes) and the system should work for 99% of the population.

What you guys have experienced is more the exception than the rule. Other cars that have I look at are about as straight forward as one would expect. order, schedule, build, ship. The MY changeovers do cause some hiccups (exhibit A: orders not going through, exhibit B: trucks being called a different trim level).

With all that said, your words aren't going into a black hole. I do appreciate the feedback and it will help.