Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:6
TexasExpress is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TERRIBLE offroad accident!

Well here's how Saturday night went. I'm down below the dam fishing when the alarm sounds that the water level is fixing to rise. The lake was 10 feet up so periodic large releases were kind of frequent. I was parked at the waters edge so I ran to my truck, jumped in, and took off as fast as I could. Well, it wasn't fast enough. I rounded a curve almost to the ramp to higher ground when I was met with a water that splashed on the hood and stalled the motor. I tried to restart it but it wouldnt even turn over. I got out quick and ran/swam to higher ground. I watched as the water pushed my truck maybe 25 yards to the bank up against a bush. The water line was about 1/2 way up the doors. I called for help (thanks life proof case) and was able to get the truck towed out. Well my stupidity took over and I turned the key once it was out and to my surprise fired right up! Every possible light is on in the dash and 4x4 won't work. Tranny only has 4th and reverse, but it runs. Water line was up to the bottom of the dash. I have filed an insurance claim and am waiting on an estimate as soon as I get it towed. I'd like some opinions. Totaled?
Sponsored links