View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

I've heard this before about not allowing us to update our radios anymore. That will be a huge inconvenience if it pans out. Even though I make an appointment a week in advance to have an update done, they still want my Ram all day long to perform the update. I don't have the time to drop my Ram off every time an update comes out for the radio but I would like it updated to at least work without issues.

I would also like to know more about the miscellaneous non-radio updates. What I may not see as a big problem, but merely an annoyance might be completely eliminated with these updates. How are we supposed to find out about these?

I do agree though, if U-Connect would test their updates better before releasing them and build some safeguards into them they could still let us do our own. So far the 3 or 4 I've done to mine went without any problems and each one improved it a bit more.