Old 08-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Pearl blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Roadhog14 is on a distinguished road

I understand, see this is what happens when you follow the book(get it installed), it's still a pain in the rear. My center brackets still don't latch correctly, sometimes they don't catch or release. Like earlier in the thread I too had to cut/mill my brackets to be thinner because the cover latches were installed to far apart. I'm going to have to shave them some more to get it just right.

I'm doing my best not to modify something that will void the warranty but sending it back or getting a different one at this point is too much frustration.

Also there are several places that some additional weather stripping is very very beneficial. These things are not water tight nor should anyone think there perfect but you can improve on some of areas very easily.

my best suggestion to all with any type of cover is at night, preferably with a friend in the bed and a bright light, close it all up tight and start shining the light, anywhere you see light, water will find it too.

I have the ramboxes so I don't expect perfection but what's a piece of weather stripping really cost? too bad for $900 they couldn't throw in a little more thought.