View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Well they are asking 18,500 for this truck.

I don't consider myself an expert but I have access to a shop/lift and anything else that would be required. I checked it out pretty thoroughly and I feel confident in it.

What other things would a diesel mechanic be able to do more than me?

I checked the ball joints and they are good. Did the redneck method but each wheel held firm in place. Checked tranny fluid, oil level/fluid, underneath the truck for obvious signs of leaks between the block/transmission/differentials. Confirmed that the power steering pump is new. Also checked the drive shaft/u-joints and there was no play. Brakes/rotors are in good shape. It has new tires..Michelins.

It is a 2wd truck which is fine for me. Pulled the build sheet and it has the 3.73 rear end with anti spin and that is what I have now basically.

Am I missing much else? Please advise!

Chrome... in moderation.