Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
RetiredJeeper is on a distinguished road
Default Catch can question

So I've been I've been a member here for a while and have rarely posted but read a lot on here and browse a lot of the pics of awesome looking trucks! But anywho. I've got a 2005 1500 QC 4.7. Got it with about 120k on it and kept it really nice on the exterior and have put tires 265-70-17 nitto terra graps, rotors and pads on all four corners, spark plus (o.e. champions) oil pressure sensor, power window switch and door actuator, battery, new crank case seal and serp belt, shocks all the way around, on my second rack and pinion with inner tie rods (don't wanna talk bout that one lol) outer tie rod ends, sway bar links, lower ball joints, driver side cv axle, toolbox in the bed and previous owner put a k&n drop in, last week i had a magnaflow single in dual out muffler put on with dual pipes out the back as a bday present to myself and just the other day I put in some sylvania is silver star headlight bulbs. Well I've only had it about a year and a half and this February I was in a wreck and had to replace the driver side fender, both doors, and the mirror now I'm at 145 k and it just sucks cuz I've put so much work into it and now the doors I replaced are dented and scratched up and it took me about three or four weeks of tweaking the door to get them to line up but I have to slam the driver door to get it to fully shut(thus why I've had to replace an actuator) I've thought long and hard about gettin rid of it but I love it, the motor runs like a top and its paid off so eventually I'm just gonna have a body shop fix the door and I also have a driver side manifold leaking( read tons on here and I'd just rather pay someone to do it, prob gonna save up get a set of headers gaskets and bolts and have someone do it for me) ANYWAYS sorry for such a long post but I wanted to vent and share my story. I've been reading a lot about catch cans and seemed like somethin fun to do (love tinkering with my vehicles) but at 145k is it worth it? Or just replace the pcv valve and keep the throttle body And intake cleaned??? (work at a AAA garage so I am going to do a full throttle body/ injector cleaning soon) let me know what u guys thank and again sorry for the long rant haha. Oh and I also gotta do a trans pan gasket soon and have been havin the p0456 code come up every now and then for the past prob six or eight months. changed the gas cap and have looked over all the hoses underneath and cant fin nothin lol geez does the list ever stop growing??? Lol
Sponsored links