Old 08-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 RCSB
Color: Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:69
USAF Long will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to USAF Long

I like how NMRA does their street car shootout. All the cars have to be fully legal and insured, complete a 30 mile cruise, and then hot lap the cars at the track.

If these guys had street legal tires they must have been DOT slicks like the Mickey Thompson ET Streets with the two little grooves. I know for sure there were cars that weren't on a radial tire.

I'm happy with my new best time though.

I start in 1st (trac off, tow/haul on) and then let it shift to 2nd. I then bump it to 3 and cross the traps and let off, put it up to D and turn off tow haul but it hangs a bit before it shifts I guess it can't decide if I want to shift it up right away? I hate this lazy ass transmission, it shifts like mush. I don't know how some of you guys are getting them to chirp 2nd gear, mine won't.

I leave off idle. I have been going around the water box and then I punch it before I get to the line, sometimes it spins a little. Then I wait til the arm drop or the last yellow and put it to the wood.