View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

CJGERSON, respectfully, you are incorrect. Ram does not permit 'early' ordering until they are dam good and ready to accept them. Orders are accepted before production begins so that they have trucks to build when production actually initiates. 'Sold' units receive priority and are scheduled for assembly first.

That 'order gate opening' occurred around the third week of June as I recall. I remember my dealer attempting to submit my order the second week of June and the Ram computer order site would not permit the order to be submitted. The dealer computer rejected any earlier orders until Ram opened the order gate which allows the order to be sent by dealer, received by Ram, confirmation given, VON designation provided. It then goes into the production schedule waiting for its build date to occur.

The actual build process took only 4 days for my truck. The wait time before production occurred, after the build occurred and the transportation are what causes the frustrating delays and waiting time.

I can only speak for my own experience in ordering and it is taking 9 weeks from acceptance of order to get my heap.

Last edited by skytop; 08-21-2013 at 10:40 AM.