Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
CJGERSON, respectfully, you are incorrect. Ram does not permit 'early' ordering until they are dam good and ready to accept them. That 'gate opening' occurred around the third week of June as I recall. The dealer computer rejected any orders until Ram opened the order gate which allows the order to be received, certified and accepted. It then goes into the assembly que waiting for production.
I can only speak for my own experience in ordering and it is taking 9 weeks from acceptance of order to get my heap.
I suspect that, completely by accident, I hit that gate opening square...I ordered it 6/28, and the sales mgr indicated they already "accepted" the order before i left the dealership...having said that, I realize there are several early steps that insure the order is correct and buildable, that most of us are unaware of and probably dont understand...

Based on info from yesterday and this AM, if it arrives today...even allowing for shipping time, it took 54 days...6/28 to today....which i think is astounding...if i didnt have all those s/a issues with CS, I dont think I wouldve cared...but who knew??? thanks again to the kind souls who helped out with additional info in here....Ill let you know later what happens...and mebbe i can snap some pics even at the dealership....