View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 11:58 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
hmmmmmm...could the dealer be hiding because they fixed up a truck without reporting it to carfax? didn't do the repairs properly?
Sounds like the OP has a condition known as "primer sink", where someone used too much body filler, and it flexed/cracked, and the primer sank (with the paint) into the crack. Looks like a crack under the paint, but still shiny, right OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
I wasn't aware dealerships were required to report anything to Carfax?
They are not, which is how my ram had an $7,000 repair done. I caught it before I bought it and got them to knock it off the price though. The trained eye is able to tell the tailgate and some portion of the bedsides have been re-worked, and that the chrome bumper is not OEM (chrome is not as shiny as front bumper). I caught it, and it all seemed superficial. The carfax was clean (new truck), but they had repaired it on their lot. I liked the truck alot so I asked them to eat that cost and they agreed (they had been trying to pass a wrecked truck off as a new truck).

When I caught it, they agreed to fix the flaws, and deduct the repair cost from the price.

I am ok with that. It is also under warranty forever because it was repaired by Tacoma Dodge's Collision shop on site.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...