View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Dodge Ram 3500 2004
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Metallic Blue
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft
Rep:10
Swoop is on a distinguished road
Default Door lock`s are dead

Hello everyone, first of all i`ll must ask for forgiveness about my poor english, i`ll try to make myself clear.

So my problem - door locks... dead. Completely. There is a light in every door switch but the lock`s won`t work. The knob it self moves and that`s the only way to lock/unlock this damn thing. There is no relay sound, no horn making noise, no light`s to blink, nothing. I bought this truck used about three years ago now and those locks have never worked. And yes, i have been battleing with these all this time. So i have fixed the broken wires from the rear door`s, changed both front door lock switches, i have brand new FCM and fusebox. They fixed my lost low beams but i was hope that those parts would fix these locks too but no. I have keyless entry too but it`s all the same, no life. Changed the batterys too but makes no difference. I have been useing hundreds of hours spinning around in the internet and found tons of topics like this but allmost all of them the main problem is one or two doors or stuff like that. Not the whole system dead. So anyone got any ideas what to do next? If we think that all of those lock actuators has died, shouldn`t it still need to sound the horn or blink the light`s? All relays will probably be in the fusebox right? They are new `cos the hole box is new but still no sound when im trying to do something. Or should i flash my truck`s brains? Would it work? When i put in the new FCM-fusebox combo it fixed my low beams, automatic driver side window function and my windshield wiper`s.. They were crazy all so... and infact, im gonna be too soon and it may not be fixable.Or is the instrument cluster done? It sounds like that it may not be very cheap...
If anyone has an idea please tell me. And yet again, sorry for my bad english and thanks to everyone in advance!!!
Sponsored links