View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Dodge Ram 3500 2004
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Metallic Blue
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft
Rep:10
Swoop is on a distinguished road

Okay, i have done some more research and wondering around with my multimeter. I opened up driver side lock switch panel and measured it and one of the pins has aprox. 12 volts coming as it should. Now on the passenger side, there is three pins and one of them has voltage at all times. 1v... Seems to me that it may not be quite enough. I have Haynes repair manual and i try to look those lock wiring diagrams but colours aren`t the same on the manual and my truck. However if i understand correctly the power comes from the fusebox, goes to the passenger side switch, then continues instrument cluster and after that goes driver side door and rear doors. So if the "main brains" are in the cluster and it gets 1v it can`t operate any doors... At least i don`t think it could... In the other hand, this does`t explain why there is power in driver side mut no function.

While i was laying on the floor, middle of wires and pedals i looked up at cluster in case i might see something out of the ordinary. I noticed one empty slot in the cluster. Does it supposed to be empty or is there missing something, like keyless entry receiver? Heres a pic.

And thanks again!!