Old 08-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:117
Rusty289 will become famous soon enoughRusty289 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone ever done a gear change on a 2013 Ram?

Hey everyone, first time posting but ive been reading the forums on here for a while now

Anyway I am hopefully nearing the end of a very frustrating and unsatusfying order and buy process .

My journey began in March with the attempt to order, factory didnt accept the order till May, confirmed it in June, built in July and finally arrived at the dealer last week

Truck was perfect, well almost, ordered with a 3.92 gear ratio and it shows up with 3.21s. The factory apparantly changed the order due to parts restrictions, trouble is the 3.21 gear gives up 4000 lbs of trailer towing capacity . This I could not accept, my trailer weighs more than that the way it sits.

Dealer has gone out of his way to make it right, they swapped the front and rear running with an outdoorsman 3.92, problem solved right? Not exactly.

The truck is right now except the speedo is off and they dont have any way to change the programming in the computer to tell it there are now 3.92s in it. Chrysler says it will also eventually throw a check engine code.

Seems kind of crazy to me, im wondering if anyone has done a gear swap and how they got around the little gem of a computer???