Color: Bright silver metallic clearcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
2013 Ram SXT is on a distinguished road
Default System Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campb402 View Post
Look forward to seeing some pics!

I noticed both of you guys are going with pioneer. I am thinking about going with the pioneer AVH-X8500BHS, I was wondering if you guys could give some feedback on your decks after getting them installed. Also as far as the back up cam goes, are you guys going to use the factory location on the tailgate handle for the camera?
Well my review is in for the pioneer head unit. Sorry for taking so long, had tons of stuff on the go and lots of trial runs with different subs. The unit itself is pretty damn good. First of all it looks great, the 4V pre outs send plenty of signal to my amp. The 8 band EQ takes a while to set up but after a few weeks I finally got it dialed in. The touch screen response is so-so , but then again I wasn't expecting lightning speeds from this deck. There are plenty of settings on this unit if you are a bass junkie, loudness, sub level, and DTS which restores your mp3's missing sound. Myself, I pretty much left all of this at 0. More on that later. Watching movies on this is also very nice, not HD but very enjoyable. Tried using the relay trick for the dvd with no success so I just popped a micro switch in the glove box as I wasn't drilling any holes. Color is vibrant and once again there are lots of adjustments for video. The only thing I really don't like is the lack of control from the remote. My old Kenwood remote would access all functions of the deck including music search. Oh well. I changed subs from the one Rockford to 2 Alpine type S. The alpines seem to like the pre-fab boxes, and with my amp only at half, all crossover settings zeroed, they hit pretty damn hard and deep for a sealed enclosure. The polk aduio 6.5 and 6x9's sound amazing. Even with the subs turned off these guys can produce some pretty decent bass. Over all, the sound is clean,and clear. Even my wife who hates it when I add stereos to my vehicle like the sound. Still having issues uploading pics, but will keep trying Cheers!