Old 08-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:45
tguil is on a distinguished road

Paint!!!!! 79 dirt nibs in my paint...every body panel except the tailgate.

Look at the paint from all angles. Do not trust sunlight. Check it out under very good fluorescent lighting. I keep following the paint threads to see if Chrysler has resolved the Warren paint booth issues. Based on problems still showing up on late 2013's, they have not. I was sort of thinking about trading for a 2014 Ram. Think I'll continue to wait and see. Better that taking your wife with you, I suggest that you take a reliable detail tech or paintless dent repair tech. These guys have "good eyes". It would be worth paying one a few dollars.

If and that is a big "if", I buy another Ram, I will have something written into the order contract stating that if the truck comes in and is less than near perfect, I can turn the truck down and have my deposit refunded without a hassle.

I've had three Rams. The paint on my 2012 is much worse than on my 2003 or 2007 as far a dirt nibs. All of them have had considerable orange peel, but that is a complaint about all makes. Based on the Ford and Toyota forums that I have been following, bad paint has not been an issue with very many of these trucks.
2012 White Hemi 1500 QC, 4X4, Big Horn Edition, Protection Group, Luxury Group, 3.92 Anti-Spin, Mopar Bedliner, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Mopar Molded Mud Guards, Access Roll Up Tonneau, Michelin LTX M/S 2's