View Single Post
  #334  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:23 AM
pgianna pgianna is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Age: 47
Posts: 33
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
pgianna is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr View Post
Here is my possible problem

I signed paperwork for the salesman to get me a truck in Conn. but the truck turned out to be a demo. I said no way.

Salesman finally located a truck and picked it up the other night. We had a verbal agreement ( through a text message) $500 over invoice. I have not signed any paperwork on the new truck that the salesman picked up. Can I still back out of this deal? or ask for more off the truck. Do I go with invoice price or possibly ask for some of the 3% holdback.

There was an issue with the banks computers yesterday so the bank only completed paperwork today. I am supposed to go to the dealer tomorrow and sit down with finance and the salesman for a walk through.

Salesman doesn't seem like he wants to go lower than his $500 over invoice. He gave me quotes on different models at that price because I walked in with internet pricing in hand.

No worries, you can back out no problem, nothing was signed. Just say you have been thinking about it , you talked to some friends who bought trucks recently and got their trucks well below invoice, not including cash incentives. Or can say you have reading about the new 2014 dodge ram eco diesel and want to wait for that later in the year. Don't even go down there, tell them over the phone or text. If you go down there you may get the hard sell. To answer an earlier question you had, is yes, you can get part of their holdback.
Reply With Quote