Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black Clearcoat Monotone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gombater is on a distinguished road
Default kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC11 View Post
Gombater, I'm just picking up on this thread. Congrats on the Limited! I've had my new 2013 Limited for two weeks today. I love it but there is a complicated issue (small paint problem) that has led to the dealer having me order a new 2014 Limited, and having me keep and drive this 2013 Limited until it arrives. They were great about it (it was their suggestion!). No cost to me of course.

Anyway, I am really curious about your RamBox holster kit and the Management System. Could you give a quick description and review? Thanks.

Chris
Hi Chris,
I'm not sure I would have purchased either one of these kits at normal retail price, but getting them as part of the deal worked for me.

Let's talk about the cargo management system first. All this system consists of are plastic plates and 2 approx glove sized cargo nets. For each side [both sides are included] there are 2 bottom plates to make a flat surface across the whole length of the rambox, 4 vertical divider panels that go into the molded in slots, and 2 small cargo nets that are mounted to the rambox door. The vertical divider panels are universal [all the same size] but the horizontal bottom plates [all 4 of them, 2 on each side] are custom shaped to fit each position, so I like that feature. On my passenger side I have added all these horizontal and vertical plates and it looks like it would keep small items from sliding around nicely.

For the driver side, I had the holder kit mounted, which is a flat plate with 2 posts mounted to it. That plate is bolted to the middle of the rambox floor where the vertical divider panels would sit. You can still use 2 of the 4 divider panels if needed, and both bottom plates work from the cargo management system. The 2 posts rotate after loosening a thumb screw; one way looks to hold 2 long guns, turn them both 90 deg and you can mount fishing rods. I plan to try both configurations today and I'll let you know how that works out. [w/pics]

I am curious about your paint issues...not being a paint expert, and hearing a lot of issues with the paint jobs, and knowing our trucks went down the same paint process line, can you describe in more detail the issue and what lead your dealer to offer the exchange? Thanks! I can see what people call 'orange peel effect' on my tailgate, but what else should I be looking for?