View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:901
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post
I'll be interested to try this. I am assuming you would recommend using this product between good, thorough wax jobs to help maintain the protection and shine?
absolutley...just dont use it between coats of wax, but you can use between wax jobs...ill bet once you use it, youll opt to just stick with it as your last step...application and durability are fantastic! i use it on top of Opticoat with great results...i think i posted my wife's highlander on this forum with it on under the other vehicle's discussion board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
I have not tried this stuff yet, but I would assume you would need a full clay to remove anything that is on the paint as it is a "paint sealer", not a wax sealer, if anything is left on the paint it will seal that instead of the paint, I checked the web site they say you need to make sure the paint is clean and no soap left on it, If my truck has 3 coats of polymer wax i don't think this product will seal my paint, on eshine they stipulate the following.

Directions:
  1. DO NOT USE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT. Thoroughly clean the surface(s) to be protected. Do NOT use any type of wash and wax product as this will interfere with the bonding of Hydro2. To ensure the surface is free of any previously applied waxes and sealants, we recommend adding two ounces of Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner to your wash bucket.
  2. Diluted Hydro2 1 part concentrate to 3 parts water into a spray bottle.
  3. Working on a third of the vehicle at a time (while it’s still wet), spray a fine mist of Hydro2 directly onto the surface.
  4. Thoroughly rinse off using a strong jet of water.
  5. Continue this method until entire vehicle has been treated.
  6. Dry the vehicle using a high quality microfiber drying towel or car dryer, like the Metro Master Blaster.
I check the manufacture site and they say the following.

1. Do NOT apply HydrO2 in the sun or to a hot surface! Applying in this manner will cause streaks that do not wipe off easily.
  2. In shaded location or shop wash your vehicle and remove any dirt from the surfaces. (Use our CarPro Snow Soap or Ultima Paint Guard Wash for best results.)
  3. Surface must be well cleaned from soap residue and left wet wth water.
  4. Dilute 1 part HydrO2 to 3 parts water (measure cap supplied 30ml). We recommend a spray bottle for fast and easy application.
  5. Spray fine mist of diluted HydrO2 on no more than 1/4 of vehicle before rinsing. Very little is needed and no overlap is needed.
  6. From time you start spraying a section to rinsing off should be NO more than one minute.
  7. Immediately rinse well with strong water pressure to produce physical shock and create a well formed coating.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 on the next section of the vehicle rinsing well before moving to next section.
  9. Finish by "flood rinsing" the vehicle without a spray nozzle to push all the water off from top down.
  10. Dry any remaining water by blowing off or with a clean microfiber waffle weave towel.
Additional:

• For best practice dilute only the amount needed using distilled water.
So at this point if they indicate that a distilled water is good practice I would need to presume the product can be affected by things external and would myself prior to using the product do a full clean of the paint. Maybe primo might chime in on his experiences with the product
interestingly enough, i find the product works over waxes and coatings.

also, id look for the directions over at carpro-us website. Croey has done extensive testing with the product, and his instructions and application guide are superior to those on the website you posted and the label itself.

with coreys application method, you wont go wrong and wont having any issues!
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!

Last edited by primo spaghetti; 08-25-2013 at 10:10 PM.