View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 11:18 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I think what has saved me the most money is that I'm willing to delve into this myself and see where it takes me. I have never built an engine before, and yes I have made mistakes, but I've learned SOOOO much and nothing I have done has been a disastrous mistake, it's just little issues that have arisen, and having learned how to troubleshoot has been a huge help. I've become a resource for my local car club as well, I've been asked to help with several 'deep' engine mods across the LX platform, which is kind of cool.

AS much as my wife has complained over the last 1.5 months of my truck not running, she realizes that I love what I'm doing and it's still less expensive than having had a shop do the work. Of course, when I tell her, because of what I've done, I need to do more to make it all work properly/better, she gets a little angry, but c'est la vie.