Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsmen
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
bradburyesqu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maw76 View Post
My neighbor who is my dealership director says it is a BS marketing scheme even his ram gets her oil changed every 3100 miles / 5000 km

no vehicle should have oil go 10k miles / 16k km before changing it yes synthetics still lubricate no doubt but all the additives are gone that clean.

and I have read my owners manual several times but what it boils down to is "do what you want as long as it within the parameters of chrysler"

all in if I follow the meter I end up changing my oil 4times a yr in stead of 6 a whopping 120 dollars a yr extra for 10 bucks a month I'll change my oil like I've always had and not worry about.

and there is no offensive tone in this text
When looking at something like this it's important to follow the money.

The link above is from Edmund. Edmunds makes their money by being a consumer focused organization. If they lose their reputation for looking out for what is best for the consumer then they go out of business.

You're neighbor makes his money off of the oil changes. That extra $120 a year is a lot of money when you factor it in all the cars the service.

The bottom line is I don't know the guy who wrote the article or your neighbor. But one stands to profit from a lie the other has nothing to gain from a lie. I'll take the latter.

Likewise there is no offensive tone in my response, I'm just pointing out that everyone has their motives.