Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixtime View Post
Wow, I was a 3-4K miles change the oil type guy in my '04 Ram. This is just killing me... maybe some kind of OCD thing or something. I pulled a trailer from PA to Florida a couple of weeks ago and thought for sure it would need an oil change when I got down here. Oh well, guess I'll go alphabetize my tools in the garage or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidefan15 View Post
Changed mine at 6,000 miles and will continue to do so. I just can't see waiting until 8,000 miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maw76 View Post
imo no vehicle should go past 6K miles it just isn't right I change mine every 3100 miles regardless of computer or color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradburyesqu View Post
When looking at something like this it's important to follow the money.

The link above is from Edmund. Edmunds makes their money by being a consumer focused organization. If they lose their reputation for looking out for what is best for the consumer then they go out of business.

You're neighbor makes his money off of the oil changes. That extra $120 a year is a lot of money when you factor it in all the cars the service.

The bottom line is I don't know the guy who wrote the article or your neighbor. But one stands to profit from a lie the other has nothing to gain from a lie. I'll take the latter.

Likewise there is no offensive tone in my response, I'm just pointing out that everyone has their motives.
Looks like someone already beat me to it.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/stop...-your-oil.html

For those that still believe in old school OCI's. I suggest you go to bobistheoilguy.com (bitog.com) and see for yourself what mileage peeps are getting out of their oil.

True story, back in 1997, (over 15yrs ago) I was using Kendal Elite synthetic in my Sierra, and through their oil analysis program, I was going 12,000 km's between oil changes.

2 things to keep in mind, oil and motors have come a long ways since then, and secondly, if Kendal was in the market to make money rather than selling a quality oil, then they would have told me to change it a lot sooner.