Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 QC
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:49
maw76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradburyesqu View Post
When looking at something like this it's important to follow the money.

The link above is from Edmund. Edmunds makes their money by being a consumer focused organization. If they lose their reputation for looking out for what is best for the consumer then they go out of business.

You're neighbor makes his money off of the oil changes. That extra $120 a year is a lot of money when you factor it in all the cars the service.

The bottom line is I don't know the guy who wrote the article or your neighbor. But one stands to profit from a lie the other has nothing to gain from a lie. I'll take the latter.

Likewise there is no offensive tone in my response, I'm just pointing out that everyone has their motives.
I agree everyone has their motives but even with my 07 rubicon I found that once I exceeded 4k miles the oil would start to disappear my engine was eating it not burning in the cylinders but enough to put a qt every 1k miles and that was with syn mobil1 mind you that engine had to work with all the rubber and 3 k lbs off bumpers. And now that I'm pulling 3k lbs at least 400 miles a week I personally would like to keep it fresh seeing that she's got to last me at least 8 yrs