View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

So, my two cents in a nutshell:

1) Yes engine oil does last longer in our trucks. Synthetic lasts a lot longer.

2) The company/entity (other than the actual truck owner) who has the LARGEST vested interest in your truck lasting the longest is Chrysler. They recommend NOT exceeding 1 year or 10,000 miles. Oh, and they are the manufacturer.

3) Chrysler (See above) installed the oil life span computer. Pretty sure they wouldn't set the computer up to sabotage the engine. Yes...I know Chrysler has done dumb shit in the past but come on!

4) So, logically speaking, follow the oil life computer AS LONG AS it doesn't exceed 1 year OR 10,000 miles.

5) Yup. You are going to do whatever the hell you want anyway. Just fess up that you want to do it and not that you need to do it.

On a side note ValleyRacer. I am a Chef at a local restaurant. Guess who was in for lunch today? Al Amatuzio, founder and CEO of AMSOIL. Small world.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover