View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneil2007 View Post
Alright guys, shoot me straight. This thread on our competitor forum says that if i swap out the front spacers for the bilstein shocks and max them out I'll get to level. His after photo looks pretty enticing. Shoot me your opinions please

http://www.*************/f40/newbie_...mbo_kit-14485/
That link does not work....because it is a competitor to this site...lol

But to answer you question and going back a page to see where this discussion was left off.
You have rake because you have that rear spacer.
That RCX level kit comes with a 2.5" front strut spacer. Yes, you will have to remove it as you cannot use the strut spacer of that size and Bilsteins.
Maxed Bilsteins is 2.75". Now like any other shock, they will settle and you will lose 0.1"-0.2" bringing you down and near that 2.5" mark.
All you are doing is replacing a strut spacer with a level shock.
your ride will change because it is a shock, but your height will not change enough to notice.

We sell tons of these RCX kits and we ALWAYS tell our customers that if they want a level truck to NOT install that rear coil spacer and if they want rake...well to add it in.

His truck does look level in it, but this also depends on your current rake and setup.

Take a tape measure, park your truck on level ground and measure the front and rear fenders. This will gauge and tell you how much rake you have.

I still prefer Bilsteins over front strut spacers for the 2 in 1 benefit you get.

Let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.