Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Color: Sagebrush Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Nauvoo is on a distinguished road
Default 180 Thermostat dropped MPGs

Swapped to the 180 Thermostat about three weeks ago and so far MPGs seem to have fallen off by atleast 1. Haven't changed anything else and Im driving as normal. Were headed down to PCB this weekend and it will be my third trip since I purchased the truck so should give me a good comparison. As truck got 18+ when stretched out on tha Interstate. Right now 16.2 is as good as it'll get. Does that mod normally have this affect on MPG? I done the airbox mod bout a month before this one and it looked llike my MPG had come up some, butI had done some towing in that month which brought my avg down and I didnt drive the truck enuff before changing thermostat to get the avg back up. Not necessarily thinking the thermostat mod is good at this point. Tho temps do stay down around 181. Maybe Im trading mileage for longevity. Also this is all based on EVIC and the arrow that coincides with over all avg and the bar that moves with instantaneous mileage are leveled out with each other unless like going down a hill or letting off gas. So Im not expecting avg to come up. Maybe Im being clear enuff to understand. And I havent checked mileage with math, strictly EVIC.

Last edited by Nauvoo; 08-27-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: adding some info
Sponsored links