Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Gret
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:12
bigredn86 is on a distinguished road

I might be a little late with this response -

My ball joints (upper and lower) went out this past February - around 105,000 miles. I had that god awful squeaking/creaking sound. I decided since everything was going to be pulled apart, I would go ahead and replace my wheel hubs, tie rod ends, calipers, rotors, pads, etc. I decided to be cheap and I purchased MevoTech replacement parts (ball joints, upper control arms, tie rod ends, and stabilizer links).

I am not sure if anyone else has had issues with this company but here is what I experienced:

Truck started squeaking and creaking again after approximately 20,000 miles. I give my ball joints a pump or two of grease every oil change (5,000 miles). I looked under the truck and the boot separated from the ball joint on the passenger side. The driver side upper ball joint was already cracked open and the upper control arm bushings were dry-rotted. The stabilizer link bushings were dry-rotted and completely torn apart and the boot on the passenger side link was separated.

I have a 1986 Toyota 4wd Pickup as well. I basically replaced the entire front end with Moog parts around 5-6 years ago and 20,000 miles (most of which is off-road). To this day, everything has held up with no issues (except a broken spindle).

My advice - don't be cheap. Buy quality parts and in my opinion, MevoTech parts are not quality. I have never had bushings / ball joints fail so quickly as they did. I replaced all of those MevoTech parts this past weekend with Moog. No more popping/squeaking/creaking sounds and the steering and handling feels so much tighter than it did before. Oh - I went ahead and replaced my lower control arm bushings as well (NAPA has them). Hope this helps all that comes across this post.