View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
First off, to clarify... Death wobble is not even possible on a Ram 1500 as they have IFS.
DW most definitely is possible with IFS. Far, far less likely with IFS, but it can happen. I really don't think it's what the OP is experiencing though, not with an IFS truck that new, with just a leveling kit.

Experienced DW from the passenger seat in an IFS rig about two years ago. More scary from the passenger side as I felt totally helpless to do anything about it. In my best friends '99 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 - had 215K miles on all original front end parts. I ended up replacing all four ball joints, the pitman arm and the idler arm to get rid of it. Strangely, the tie rods were loose as a goose but he was out of money for new parts in one day so I left the old ones in and the DW has never come back even though those totally worn out tie rods are still there.

I also experienced DW semi regularly in a very worn out old '74 Chev 3/4 ton 2WD truck I owned a million years ago.

Other than that, all the times I've had it or witnessed it has been with SFA's. Jeeps, mostly.

But I'm just dragging this off into the weeds. I highly doubt the OP actually has DW and for all practical purposes, it's probably not too far wrong to just say it doesn't really happen with IFS.

- DAA