Trim Level: Limited
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
MTPete will become famous soon enough
Default Windows 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
We're right there with ya. Its been a real pain trying to navigate W8. I hope that we figure it out because its alot of frustration around here right now while using tha laptop.
I have been a computer consultant for many years and I have heard all the complaints about new Windows systems: "Windows 95 is great but Windows 2000 is crap", "XP is great but Vista is crap", "Windows 7 is great but Windows 8 is crap", etc. The truth is that since Windows 2000 each subsequent release is built on all the prior releases. Sure they mess around with the interface frequently but each subsequent release has more features, better security, and supports additional hardware and devices. Don't like Windows 8? Boot up, click on the desktop tile on the start screen and you are back to Windows 7 without a start button. Learn to use the shortcut keys, pin your most frequently used programs to the taskbar and you are in business. Win+X gives you access to all the utilities and it can be customized. My wife has had every release since Windows 2000 and she can't tell the difference after I configure it. Finally 8.1 will make it better for established users. Yes I know they do some stupid things, but the alternative is to by an Apple for twice the price and lose the ability to run about 90% of the available application software.