View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Rep:10
sofaking is on a distinguished road
Default Buying 2013 Ram in Canada

Hello everyone this is my first post on the forum. I am looking for a new truck and am pretty sure it is going to be a Ram. I test drove a laramie yesterday and kind of fell in love. My last truck was an 08 2500 Cummins and from a comfort/interior/driveability standpoint these two machines are in different leagues. I liked the 08 but I don't need to pull much anymore so this time around I am looking for a half ton.

My question(s) revolve around when to buy. I would like to get in on model year end deals but don't want to wait too long and not be able to get what I want. Right now in Canada they are offering about $9K in factory cash and about 3.9% financing basically forever lol. Does anyone know if the deals on 13's are going to get any better before the 14's start showing up? Also does anybody have any idea roughly how much more a dealer will move on the window sticker price in addition to the factory incentives? I have no trade in BTW. Also am I going to pay a lot more if I wait for 2014's. I am not in a panic to buy anything but would like to get one before the snow flies.

I am looking for something along the lines of this with options, (not real picky on options but the list is what I consider must have);

Sport or Laramie or Longhorn
4X4 Crew Cab SWB
8 speed Hemi (gas is expensive up here and although I thought the shifter would be goofy I didn't mind it at all)

Leather buckets
Keyless entry/start
Alpine stereo (wasn't horribly impressed with the one I drove yesterday but it sounded a lot better than my 08)
Back up camera

One more question, what is the deal with 2013 Longhorns up here? None of my 3 closest dealers have any in stock. Is it because of demand or supply or is it just because I live in the middle of nowhere or is it something else?

Thanks for any replies in advance.
Sponsored links