Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:68
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough

I too have gotten this. After doing research on it I found out this is normal. it DOES NOT mean the battery is too low to start your truck. It means the battery is to low to engage lifting or lowering or self leveling of the air suspension. Because the air suspension is always on due to self leveling it kicks in the compressor. what they did to stop the compressor from draining the battery to the point of it being dead. They put a limiter on it so when the battery reaches a certain level it disables the compressor till the power level requirement is met.

I believe from doing a few tests it seems it is around the 11.5v - 11v mark. at this voltage the battery still has enough cold cranking amps to start the truck.

Usually this will kick in if the truck needs to do a lot of self leveling while parked. this can be from simple as letting it sit for long time without starting. Usually I have found that the self leveling happens more on windy nights or when it rains. this is enough to engage the compressor enough times to trip the battery warning and disable the compressor. I have also noticed it happen often if I leave stuff in the bed of the truck.

Either way this is nothing to worry about and when you see that message it just means exactly what it says. That you need to start the truck to use the air suspension.