Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1992 Dodge Ram D250/350 Conv.
Trim Level: LE
Color: Two Tone Grey
Engine: 1989-1993 360ci (5.9L) Cummins diesel I6 160hp 400lb/ft
Rep:10
Mavericke is on a distinguished road

Got the door fixed... turns out I found the door I thought was scrapped hiding behind one of my Eagles in the barn! It had the latch mechanism I needed!

AC has been fully evacuated and tested for leaks, and re-charged converted to 134a. Unfortunately, I still don't have cold air. The compressor is fine. I think my problem is in the dash with the heater control unit and/or blower motor because I'm having other issues as well. Ugh!

I still need to replace the gasket on the rear diff. And she now needs a new tranny filter. She's leaking and it's due for a tranny flush anyway. Probably never been done before. :/

BUT that's not the biggest problem.... I've been having a serious problem with her moving super slow. I can never pass anyone! I know she's low-geared and not meant to be a "racer" but that Cummins 5.9 should be able to smoke those doolies at least in the gravel with little to no effort.... no. Not at all. I did find an issue down by the tranny in the linkage - where I see a broken/stressed clip and I don't think the over-drive is kicking in properly when you mash the petal to pass someone or just to haul ass. But, even with some tinkering - nothing has changed.

So I noticed my turbo wasn't whistling very loud... then I realized it wasn't whistling at all! I had a buddy look at it and he could tell when I pulled up that my turbo just isn't working. He said it would make a HUGE difference in performance. My thoughts are "Does the extra 70-80hp the turbo gives it REALLY give it that much more power???"

Can you guys chime in here for me?