Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Sport CC, 5.7L, 8spd
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:71
bowieknife will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to bowieknife

1k miles and I'm happy as a clam with my 2013 Sport....my old 2011 Sport...not so much. Every car/truck has it's issues, especially when new technology is being introduced and the kinks are getting worked out. The only safe way to avoid some of the hiccups with the newer tech is to wait 2 years to buy a new one. Everyone wants the cutting edge stuff but doesn't want the risk associated with trying it out. Just like the other years they introduce something new, there will be fixes coming shortly (example: There were radio issues in early 2011 as well and those are now almost non-existent with the newer software flashes). Is it annoying when it happens to your vehicle? hell yeah, but it is unavoidable in a small % of trucks.

I drove the F150 (5.0 and 6.2), the 2014 Sierra, Tundra, etc... and nothing compared to the RAM. Even after a bad 2011 experience, I went back because I thought the RAM's were that much better than any other options right now. All the other brand's boards are lit up with issues as well. A certain % of trucks off the line are going to have issues no matter what brand it is. Those % of people that own those trucks come to the internet for help and to vent (as do I). It just makes it seem like an extraordinary amount of crappy product is coming out, but I'm guessing it's a very small fraction of the total produced.

I'm a happy RAM owner despite a few radio glitches (and what I consider an intrusive MDS system that doesn't add much benefit) and don't regret my $40k purchase at all.