Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White/Silver two tone
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:41
Salt And Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Default Loose Traction Bars

I recently had a set of BDS traction bars installed on my truck and they seem to be more of a pain then they are actually supposed to help. I got them installed by a local shop who also deleted my truck. (They did good work with the deletes so I figured I'd go through them again) but as it turns out for the life of me they can't remain snug against the frame. The bolts rattle loose to the point where I can shake the bar with my hand.

The first time I took it back one of the bolts had stripped. They replaced the hardware, loctited them and said it should be fine. That wasn't the case because by the time I got home they had already came loose. I took it back same day and they kept it overnight to install oversized hardware. So far that had lasted me a week and they came loose, so I re-torqued them now to the point where the bolt head is digging into the metal, today after work they came loose once again.

Has anyone else had this issue with BDS traction bars? Its kind of hard to switch out to another brand because theres holes drilled into my frame now too. I have terrible wrap with them off, so I'd rather keep them. Does anyone know how to keep them tight and not wiggle loose 24/7?

Thanks!