Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:133
BAB will become famous soon enoughBAB will become famous soon enough

I am waiting for the delivery of a 2014 RAM 2500 CC 4x4 w/Cummins (invoice was $61K). Before I ordered this truck I read pages and pages on this site. Despite my misgivings on some very basic quality issues (bad paint!) and a computer radio/nav/interface system that clearly had serious problems, I went ahead and ordered. I will use my truck to tow a 28' Airstream, and I think it'll be fine for that. The last American car I bought was in 1985. Why? Overall crappy quality, mediocre performance, and poor engineering of a flabby US car industry. I've had German, Japanese, and Italian. Right now I have an M-B, an Infiniti QX56, a Mini Cooper and an Italian exotic. They range in age from 2008 to 2012, and price from low 30's to $250K. None of them have had a significant mechanical or electronic issue. My "experiment" with a Truck of the Year happened only after reading all this stuff and asking the question, "do you really want to do this?" If my NAV system dropped off any of my cars and two different dealers were unable to take care of me I would feel exactly the same way as the OP. It sounds like there are WAY too many folks who have become apologists for poor QC on these trucks. If Chrysler/Fiat are reading this stuff (and they'd be stupid not to), they have a lot of work to do to better satisfy their customers. Oh, the customer is NOT always right, but the customer IS the customer and deserves to be heard and treated fairly. I don't think the OP was. Just my opinion.