View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:10 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly @ BP View Post
Dude! You need to share how the hell you can save money and have 30% down for your house and still mod your truck like many dream they can do.

That should be the topic of your thread for the next posts

Will this be your daily driver? Or you have another daily driver and this is your fun car/truck?
This truck is my daily driver... when I'm home. I fly to/from my work site and have a diesel '13 CCLB SuperDuty kitted out for rescue that I tool around in up there. I work 7 days on, 7 days off, and am on call 24hrs a day when working.

First of all, I have an awesome job... a contract industrial safety and rescue technician working for the Norwegian state oil company. Biggest benefit of being an independent contractor is how little I pay in tax compared to when I was an employee, 14% corporate tax and 12% personal tax as compared to the 42% personal tax I was paying before; that 16% savings translates to an additional $23K a year over what I was taking home just over a year ago.

Next tip... do the work yourself. I'm no mechanic, but I can figure stuff out as long as I have resources to pull from, and for all the modern mopar forums out there, you can pretty much find anything you need through said forums.

Lastly, I look for killer deals before buying a lot of stuff, and it helps to know the right people sometimes. Sponsorships really help for somethings, but I also pick up a lot of stuff used these days and make it work for my application.