View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradburyesqu View Post
I like reading these articles and I'm normally a Car and Driver fan but this article has some clear problems.

First off the Ram was more because they tested the top Ram trim level. The top trim level for Ford is the King Rancher and the top trim level for GMC is the Sierra Denali. They mention the refinements of the top trim levels and consider them in their grading but don't compare price. I have been reasearching trucks for the last 3 months. A comparably equipped GMC is about $8,000 more then the RM and comparably equipped Ford is about $12,000 more. At least around here. (that is before and after using truecar)

The other thing that I find interesting is that they mention that Ram was the top truck last year. Beating out the 2013 F-150. However this year the same two trucks, the F-150 is a point better.

It is true that the other two trucks have more hauling and towing capacity. That is the one legitimate knock on the Ram. But it has nothing to do with the engine and everything to do with leaf springs. They hold more weight the coils plane and simple.

I chose the Ram for 3 reasons. First price. for a good comparison the Chevy hear is fairly comparable to an outdoors men and the Ford here is most comparable to a long horn. Second the 8 speed transmission makes a huge difference in the availability of power when you want it. Third the ride. If I was going to get a hauling machine I would have gotten on older truck and paid cash. Then I would have just used it to haul. If I got a new truck it was going to haul and be a daily driver. Every 1/4 ton on the market would tow what I wanted so I chose the one that was the best daily driver. It was the Ram by far.
I'm with him "WELL SAID"
They don't have the balls to compare apples to apples......

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.