Old 08-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:58
Spike will become famous soon enough

I can't agree with many of their findings which helps me to relaize how subjective these tests are. I am damn picky when it comes to vehicles.

This is my real world experience that involves living with a truck, not racing it. I had intended on buying a Ford 150 and then perhaps look at the RAM and the Chevy. I have two coworkers who have the following trucks and I have driven them both. Both are 4 door, both are 4wd, both are 2012, one is a chevy and the other a ford. Both have a v8 with mid level trim.

I drove both and thought I liked the ford better because it was more responsive but it annoyed me that it takes 500 turns of the electronic steering to park it and it seems to lumber on rough roads. I was dissapointed in the ride of the chevy because I felt like it drove just like trucks drove 10 years ago and the interior was so cheap feeling. At that point, I had not considered the RAM and was trying to decide if I was even going to buy a new truck or wait for these companies to update their vehicles. I wasn't going to drop $30k - $40k on eithe of them.

Then, for the hell of it, I dropped by my local RAM dealer and jumped into a crew cab, 4wd, hemi, 8 speed with a few goodies (no leather or the top of the line gagets). I was so impressed with the way it drove and the features it had that in my mind, it felt as if the truck was 5 years ahead in technology, features and overall driveability.

I ended up buying one (see signature below) but then I started to wonder if I got caught up in it and if I made the right call. So, I had those same guys ride with me in my RAM to lunch and they were both saying things like "whoh, that's cool", "this is great", and "mine doesn't have that" and "you only paid what for this?". I then asked to ride in their trucks over the next few weeks and I was thinking, "Uhhh, yeah, I made the right call. These trucks don't hold a candle to mine."

So, from a non biased manufacturer guy, the choice was night and day for me.