View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Rep:10
sofaking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
On my last truck I had an aftermarket AstoStart. It was amazing. I could start my truck from the second level of a building from 500+ feet away. It also had a 2-way system that would tell the remote if the truck was running, doors locked, etc. If the signal to start the truck wasn't received by the truck it would tell me that also.

So, with all the technology available today, why the sub standard remote start system on these trucks?
I had an autostart 2 way on my 08 2500 and it was awesome just like you said. It was programmed to wait 12 seconds I think with the ignition on before hitting the starter (diesel).

I haven't heard great things about the factory remote start and am wondering if I should look for an aftermarket system for my new truck (when I actually buy one). It gets damn cold where I am making a reliable remote start and important feature.

Can someone tell me how the U-connect feature works from a smartphone? I understand the principle but do you need some sort of subscription to make it work and is that subscription free for the first year on new trucks? Also i am an android guy not an iphone guy and I don't see any android apps for this.