Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaking View Post
I had an autostart 2 way on my 08 2500 and it was awesome just like you said. It was programmed to wait 12 seconds I think with the ignition on before hitting the starter (diesel).

I haven't heard great things about the factory remote start and am wondering if I should look for an aftermarket system for my new truck (when I actually buy one). It gets damn cold where I am making a reliable remote start and important feature.

Can someone tell me how the U-connect feature works from a smartphone? I understand the principle but do you need some sort of subscription to make it work and is that subscription free for the first year on new trucks? Also i am an android guy not an iphone guy and I don't see any android apps for this.
The Uconnect app works, takes a while sometimes (2-3 minutes), but it does confirm when it starts or doors locked/unlocked. I set my alarm off fooling around with the door locks and it e-mailed me my alarm was going off too.

Unfortunately its part of the 1 year free subscription, I think the non-NAV radios only come with 6 months free. I wouldnt pay extra for it, I have no problem with the remote start, plenty of range for me. Its not like any other truck comes with a better remote start, plus I really like the keyless ignition.