Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 03 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
hebronhunter is on a distinguished road
Default 03 5.7 issues.. advice?

First off my names Kyle, new here. I have a 03 2500 5.7 150k miles... gm truck guy who bought a dodge! haha. Anyways my issues with my truck is a long story. I bought it for what I thought was a good deal, turns out I bought a lemon. It smokes, ticks a little and burns oil pretty good, runs like a turd, havnt lost any coolant that I can tell. From all my research me and a couple mechanic friends have narrowed it down to the valve springs and seals. I was gonna send it to an auction because ive been down this road before and last time it turned into a money pit. But while waiting to send her off a limb fell on the roof and tore up the truck pretty bad. Now theres no way I can get my money back out of it so im considering fixing it all and keeping it. From all my research on the web it seems the 03's suck! If I fix the valve springs....and that is actually the problem will it be worth the trouble? ALSO while im in there what else could/should I do? A mild cam? Its a beautiful truck and id love to have it running good just having cold feet. Sorry for the long post! Thanks for any advice
Sponsored links