View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Gotta remember it's STILL a 4x4,

If you want to risk screwing up a couple $800 CV shafts,
by all means drop it lower by using a drop spindle.
I don't know where you're buying your CV shafts, but $800 is ridiculous! I just bought a new pair for $130 shipped to the border. That said, dropping the front of a 4wd with spindles will play merry havoc with the inner CV joint and put some extreme angle on your upper control arm/ball joint; I've done that very thing and I've already snapped one inner CV joint. There is a solution to getting low with a 4wd, and it involves a new set of upper control arms (Michigan Metal Works $500) and new porche 930 inner CV joints (Kore $800).

Out back I used the 2wd McG's springs and it brought me almost 5" closer to mother earth, and at that point you really need adjustable control arms and panhard bar (Spohn $700). You have to ask yourself if $2K is worth getting that low and maintaining 4wd.

I have talked to Mike at L&M and he says you can use the 2WD stock spindle for a 1" drop on the front without CV issues. It's another option out there if you want to go a bit lower without spending the extra.