View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 01:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

here's some other information. i dont know if this is a side effect of the problem. Or if somehow this is the problem.

ive noticed when im driving through my neighborhood at about 20 mph my truck decides it wants to act like its on cruise and pull itself at about 1100 RPM and 20-25 mph by itself. If i hit the brake to about 10 mph to go around a curve, it will slowly pick back up to 20-25mph. It wont speed back up fasssttt, but a noticeable speed for me not hitting the gas at all.

and I'm talking like it will drive itself until it runs out of gas like this. not like its simply coasting down a hill (theres not even a hill, its all flat either way)

to me it just sounds like because its idling at 1100 rpm, the rpms are just taking the car that fast and should be solved when the RPMs get corrected. Possibly? haha

Thanks
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs